Friday, November 16, 2007

Change


Change is more than for toll booths. Change is good. Change is scary. I have started this blog to chronicle the changes happening in my life. After doing youth ministry for nearly 14 years (7 as a volunteer and 7 as full-time), I have decided to go back to school to further my studies in History. What i end up doing when this process is over is still very much up in the air. Will I teach? Will I pursue even further degrees? Will i go to seminary and re-enter full-time ministry? I don't know the answers to these questions. They are a few of many questions of which I don't have answers. I am not writing on this blog because I have answers. I write because I have ideas. If left to my own ideas, I can get pretty prideful and think that I have answers. I am hoping that people will challenge me here, push me to think. I firmly believe in some things and I hope I can share them with love and respect. I have come to respect the blending of the past and the future (trying our best to not lose the beauty in either) and I will focus much of what I write on that subject. I hope to debate, discuss, and befriend people here so please join me for the ride.

No comments: